EVERYDAY TIPS TO STAY SAFE ONLINE
Throughout National Cyber Security Awareness Month, we urge every American to help improve the nation’s cyber resilience and take the following simple steps to keep themselves, their identities, and their information safe online. For example:
- Set strong passwords, and don’t share them with anyone.
- Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates.
- Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
- Limit the amount of personal information you post online, and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
- Be cautious about what you receive or read online – if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Cybersecurity is a shared responsibility. Learn more about how you can do your part and what it takes to remain secure at www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect.